The resources available to RPA members reflect the strategy of “One Church, One Message.” That means that everything you see and hear in a given week, from the Homily to Small Group Videos to Kid’s and Student Programs, all follows the same topic. Below you will find one week of content that spans the entire church. Members inside currently have access to all materials that follow the liturgical calendar 4 to 6 months ahead of time to give ample time for planning.
Our faith is a journey that we will not complete in this life. It is a journey that requires us to keeping taking our "next step." In this series, we will look at the five major steps we believe are necessary to grow as a follower of Jesus Christ: Sharing faith through Evangelization; Tithing & Giving; Engaging in a Small Group; Practicing Prayer & Sacraments; and Serving in Ministry & Missions.
God can draw a person closer to Him through any Step, at any time. Therefore, it is important to note even though STEPS is an acronym, the Steps are "fluid" and can occur in any order, often cycling around in various ways and in different times throughout one's life. The series presentation follows this format.
Week 1: Introduction to STEPS
1. Do you like to keep to do lists? Do you tend to view your relationship with God as a to-do list or something to check off the list?
2. Do you believe that the 10 Commandments are confirmation of a relationship with God, not conditions for one? Why or why not?
3. What steps can you take to framing your relationship with God in the context that he already loves you?
4. Which STEPS have you already taken: Serving, Tithing, Engaging in a Small Group, Practicing prayer, and Sharing your faith? What one area has done the most to grow your faith? Why is that?
5. Which of these STEPS do you believe is your next step on your faith journey? How can this group support you?